It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: people and horses
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:37 pm 
Admin
Admin

this lil lady in on my daily run!
Makes me cross cos the bread ion her feed bin has been there for about 2 weeks its got wet and dry wet and dry and she wont eat it but they still dont feed her extra :(

Mini Beast Farm clicky here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:25 am 
Thought keeping horsey is hard work. One of my friends always goes down to the field at 6am, do the grooming, brushing etc before changing water and feeding. It takes her at least 2 hours to do everything day and night. (Mind you she has about 6 or 7 horses).

I am not a horsey person (being kicked by them when I was a kid and since then I am scared of them! :oops: ) but the food looks very disgusting. I thought horses eat more than that kind of food? Can't believe people keep horses like that condition, knowing they are hard work in the first place. But then there are so many cruel people on this earth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:31 am 
Admin
Admin

makes me mad too! the others all round have hay and she tries to reach it through fence :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:02 am 
Can you not report that? I saw RSPCA do check on horsey cases too but only I saw that on TV. :oops: Really can't stand cruelty to animals. We all have feelings.

I would have taken some hey down to the horse. :oops: I fed the cows at the back and hubby thought I was mad. I only just fely sorry for them and gave them some sort of last super before being slaughtered at the end of the Summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:16 am 
Admin
Admin

I feed too many down there already, i cannot do them all!
Hoping someone will move her on soon as grass is gone now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:22 am 
Now the best way is just don't take yourself down there anymore. It's better not to know sometimes even you know it's there. Someone called me the other night regarding a bay bearded dragon which was biten by his adult beardie. I have no choice but to take the baby in. I might sound horrible, but one look, I'd rather to put the baby to sleep fast instead. Not that the horse is poorly, but same thing, don't go down there often to check because the only one that stress out is you especially uou love horses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:14 am 
Admin
Admin

i have to! its not only on way to school its where i have to go if im working :P

this ones a lovely boy though :D
He was sold on friday and a good home he got too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:02 pm 
Really getting into this place

i have 2 horses which i have to go to daily to feed,water and hay up.no matter what is happening in my life i still got to do it,they rely on me!why on earth are they feeding the poor thing bread???they need hay mix/course mix/pony nuts and hay this time of the year when there is no grass.i would report to sspca/rspca not that they do much except maybe a warning but might be enough to buck the owners up a bit??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:05 pm 

what about prople like the horse protection people the ilph i think they are altho all they and the rspca will do is advice as if its not in bad condition or suffering then they cant do much its the same in the field i kept mine in there where 4 of us keeping our horses in the same field and some owners used to leave theres a few days before checking we where al ment to hay the horses in turns after we all bought hay together but only me and 1 other owner ever did it luckly i went up every night as the field was in the middle of no where and our hay was kept under plastic sheeting if me and that lady never went up all the horses would of got no hay