* Login   * Register Feedback Feedback    * FAQ    * Medals   * Search
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:09 pm 
Got 4 of these from leeds, not seen them before, flat milli's about 4cm in length, black which pink dots along the sides, they look orange in the pics but look pink in real life! quite cute really, don't really keep many milli's these days, but thought i should buy some as never seen them before :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:47 pm 
Really getting into this place
Really getting into this place

Gosh what long legs they have!
never seen any like that before.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:28 pm 
I think these are the giant ones that SD was on about before. But are they? They are one of the species that I was after last time when Shaz went to a bug show but couldn't get hold of any I think. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:11 pm 

nope they arent the ones i have .
but they do look good dont they 8)

Quote:
“thing is mate the RSPCA giving you the approval is like getting Stevie Wonder to play connect 4 with you"

Quote:
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:55 pm 
One has died, and all are male, so not a good haul, i feel like passing them on to someone with more experience with flats... :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:53 am 
Well I don't have this species, but keep flatties as you know. Have you tried to put lots of dried leaves in (for hiding and also as food)? I noticed the species I have got only eat dried leaves but nothing else. Okay may be just a tiny bit of cucumber and courgette, but really most of the time the food are not touched. I know it's not the same really but may be worth to try that too?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:51 am 
Thats what i do, i have kept black and yellow flats before and they did ok like that, but with these beign a new species, i've not a clue were i'm supposed to go with temp etc, they were at 20 degrees C in the bug room, now i have moved them higher up where its warmer, i darnt check.
If i lose another you can have them, i dont' want to kill them all, they're too lovely...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:59 am 
I probably will kill them all if you can't do it. Flatties do not need very high temp but then I keep mine in the reptile room, which is 25 / 27C depending on the time of the day, and yours are different species, so it's like doing an experiment. :?