* Login   * Register Feedback Feedback    * FAQ    * Medals   * Search
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Hissers and Beardies
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:01 am 
Admin
Admin

Last night i did the roach feeding to reptiles and i had a lot of surplus male hissers which normally just get fed to the bosc.
But they was having a bundle the roaches that is in the tank as i feed them before the 'big' moment happens and the beardies went mad mostly Rio and Denton who live together.
They couldnt see these roaches i just thought it was cos they knew i was doing the rounds but as i say on floor in front of them to give the bosc his they was almost hitting the glass.
So i picked out a couple small ones and popped them in and they went mad like almost fighting for them and for the whole evening both beardies was pretty aggresive with me acting like they wanted more and my fingers oir hands would do if they couldnt have them :hmm:

So has anyone else used hissers and got this reaction?
i dont get it with the lobsters or dubia when i feed them

Post subject: Re: Hissers and Beardies
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:48 am 
Mine only do with pinkies when they see me feeding Annie (the fat sausage Ackie) and Tyson (Eyed Lizards) with them. Can't tell you with hissers 'cos I don't have any.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:06 pm 
Really getting into this place
Really getting into this place

I get that reaction from my Beardie whenever he sees/has anything for the first time. A few weeks ago i was checking over my A.Gigas infront of his viv and he literally threw a fit trying to get out. Throwing himself at the glass. He's reacted in a similar way when hes seen my stick insects.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:32 am 
Admin
Admin

Oh was funny yesterday denton was doing his headbobbing and black neck at the iggy for about an hour, trying to get out to kill her then when i went to put her back in for some reason she jumped at wrong viv (his above hers) and he pooped himself and fell off his log :lol:

i havent tried them with hissers again since that was a bit mad and a waste too im finding :|

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:00 pm 
Ours does it if he feels hes missing out on something tasty, whether i'm feeding mantids, doing snakes water or just nosing in the bug room hes up and down the viv, scratching the glass, trying to slide the doors open, it drives Jim mad :lol:

Was feeding snakes the other day, and it was getting on my nerves a bit, so i stuffed him with 2 pinkies, a mouse tail, 2 rats tails, chick wing and 6 morio worms...lets just say he wasn't in the mood to run up and down then :lol: But he only gets such meals 2-3 times a year.

Just wish i could get him to at least eat a mouthful of veg sometime, hes not eaten one single bit of a leaf since we've had him about 18 months now :? mix mealies in and everything and he picks them out, i managed to get him to eat a couple bits of torn up dandilion once but he would only be hand fed it and even then it was only a few peices.

Hope hes not missing out on essential diet!