* Login   * Register Feedback Feedback    * FAQ    * Medals   * Search
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Blink and Blaze
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:40 pm 
Really getting into this place

I have been meaning to introduce my little friends for a while but just havnt got round to it. :oops: :lol:
First Blink........

And Blaze........

Have had blink since september Ham and blaze since Kempton (thanks shaz!!) both very friendly and get on great :thumb: (touch wood)
Blink has always bin a little more into her food and will eat anything! you put in though she's is not so keen on her greens :evil: tutut :D Blaze is a liitle less food mad but normally is fine though recently she has gone off it even more :? so jus to be on the safe side we are of to the vets next week, though she is not lossing any weight so i hope/think she is just being fussy lol

Feeding pics
going
going
gone
Not great pictures and they really donnt show the colours that well + they are pretty old so will get some more

Last edited by charlotte93 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Blink and Blaze
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:26 pm 
Part of the furniture
Part of the furniture

Can't wait for pictures! :D
And I don't think any beardie likes his/her greens :lol: Abit like kids and veg :whistle:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:57 pm 

Exactly what i thought tbh so wasnt to botherd :lol:
and after many attempts photo bucket has decided to work but only on the old upload page so here come the piccies

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:00 pm 
If they have less livefood, they will eat their greens. It's hard to get them to eat green if they are adults and if they haven't touched greens in their whole life. Otherwise, they will eat the green without problems one day, without you put pressure onto them. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:33 pm 

Blink shed her skin and she is getting pretty big :yikes: and little Blaze def not loosing any weight as i have been weighing her daily :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:36 am 
Admin
Admin

Great pictures and good to know she is doing well :D
As for the whole eating thing im sure its time of year? someone can shout if not but nearly everyone i have spoke to has said there beardies are not eating.
Mine are they dont stop and mine love there veggies i mean love them lol
they get a fresh bowl every other day mix of all fruit and veg and its 80% gone by end of the day.
The days they dont get veggies they get a bowl of well dusted mealies and morios depends whose eating.
once a week they get chasing food locust crickets and roaches i change it about and they normally clear everything except the mealies they eat them but dont get so excited about these although i do think its the amount of dust they gather on them that stops them.
also once a week they get a hand fed treat of waxies they all get this and they normally have 3/6 each depends who im feeding.
all seem well on this and i dont have a problem with them eating.
when they have food like mine do with mealies they seem to get bored so maybe only feed what they can eat and dont feed so often!
if they only get live couple times a week they eat there veggies.

denton sits at front as if he knows when im chopping and has to grab a bit of veg as im putting bowl in lol

what i find also works is a whole cabbage leaf left loose over a branch they do eat this works with weeds too made into small bunches they pick throughout the day.#

looking good though :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:35 pm 

Well now temporeraly separted them jus to keep a close eye on Blaze, raised the temps in her viv a bit and she seems a bit moe "energetic" and eating more so all is well.
Blink now seems to be a big fan of her greens lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:10 am 
I don't agree to keep beardies together in the same viv even the viv is big enough to keep 2 even if they are both females. (Yes there are always exceptional cases and I know there are people keep 2 beardies together.) One bound to be bullied even we see them might stay together basking etc. What do you mean temporary seperate them? You know introducing them back together might be a problem later when they are older.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:28 pm 

I was hoping to re introduce them but understand they may not get on which isn’t really a problem, I was told they like company which is the main reason I have 2 but was concerned that the larger one (blink) was taking the food ect though they did seem to get on well - basking together but you said that may not mean they like each other

Oh and they were in a 4ft by 2ft viv, I was planning to replace this with a larger one(6ft) when they grew up but now I may just get another one of that size :hmm:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:31 pm 

Just realised in the pictures they look about the same size but there is actually quite a difference now

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:11 am 
Admin
Admin

just thought i would say the one you have from me was hatched on 28th july :D will forget again if i dont post here :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:54 pm 

Ok thanks so that would make her about 5 months what weight should she be approx?